206 miles from Smithfield to Teton Village. Some of Mike's family and extended family decided last winter to enter the EPIC RELAY. Mike had one of the hardest legs and ran of total of 23.5 miles. They would run, sleep, eat and do it all over again, there goal was to finish in 36 hours and they CRUISED through it and finished in 34 hours. Mike thought it was pretty darn fun!
They had so much support! Way to go MILE HIGH RUNNERS!
Jessie and Mike at one of the exchanges.
Billie, Kasey, Sid, Taylee, Shannon, Sallie, Colby, Tara, Mike,
Jessie, Mickie, Sarah, Brad and Bonnie!
So you are probably wondering what I am doing in the picture. I was the last leg, I got nervous about my legs and whimped out of doing all of them. I had the last leg of 5 miles to Teton Village! I have been getting up and running all summer and had done 6 miles at Bear Lake and though I could do it. I let nerves get the best of me and panicked part way through and got help. So i guess I did put in a few miles of the 206! HA HA!!! (I am not going to beat myself up about it anymore, I was so sick about running it and have had a lot of tears over this race. I haven't ran long distance since highschool and am pretty proud of how far I have came, I just don't think the pressure of races is for me)
At least the MILE HIGH RUNNERS finished and survivied. Way to go everybody!
No comments:
Post a Comment