The month of June went by so fast and here we are in July already. June was an awesome adventurous month, cant believe how fast time goes by.... what we have been up too!
* Started off the summer with swim lessons at the sports academy. Bode just played with mom in the water and was a bit jealous of Rylie. Rylie jumped another couple of levels and is swimming so good, she is part fish!
*We got to have Rylie and Bode's cousins come stay with us while their mom and dad were in Europe. It was a bit crazy around here, but we had so much fun. I had a 6, 5, 4, almost 3, and 2 year old!!! We went to several parks, did swim lessons, bike rides, playing in the water, refereeing over toys and lots and lots of playing. My kids thought it was so awesome to have the cousins stay over. I guess I just kept them all alive (ha ha) and forgot to take any pictures that week. :(
*Our first outing in the camper this year was Bear Lake, Mike ran in the half marathon over there and did awesome. 13.1 miles in about 2 hours, pretty awesome!!! He has a pretty awesome support crew, we would go a few miles ahead and wait for him to come so we can cheer! We celebrated his accomplishment at Cafe Sabor at Bear Lake, love this place. It turned off cold and windy later that weekend, so we mostly hung out and relaxed. Its always fun to just be gone for the weekend!
Way to go Mike!
*celebrated getting older!!! (oh man, it does come around every year)
* Ate our hearts out at the Summerfest. I enjoy looking through the booths, but I can usually get Mike to go for the food! A few years ago at the summerfest, I purchased this water color of Jackson Hole Ski Resort and it is still one my favorite pictures, my basement was decorated around this picture. Each year i hope to find something I have to have, but not this year. I do want to do the old ski's made into an American Flag, I loved it, so creative.
* Celebrated the guys in our life. Was a bit of crazy Father's Day for Mike, in otherwords, not to relaxing, but I hope it was special. He is such a great Dad and I couldn't of picked a better Dad for my kids. And for my Dad and Father in law, they are pretty awesome too. The card we gave them for Father's Day was pretty fitting " the best Dad's get promoted to Grandpa's". They are the best!
* I got to go to girls camp for four days, we went to the Cinnamon Creek. What a lot of work, but the girls enjoyed it! Mike sure makes a cute Mr. Mom while I am gone, nutrition goes out the door, but the kids sure have fun. I sure missed my kids, but they were spoiled rotten while I was gone. (thank you Aunt Sharon and Grandma Beak)
* We attended TWO family weddings in the same weekend. (posts to come, I said I wouldn't spoil the "real" wedding photos with my pics. :)
*Had our share of otter pops, snow cones, and ice cream. ( we caught a sore throat bug for a few days and this is what we lived on, glad that's done so we can enjoy the rest of summer).
* T-ball games
* a Good friend of mine from California came into town. She has three kids under three, so its a bit wild, but we love seeing her family and will take them in anytime.
* and lots of running through the sprinklers, water on the tramp, water fights and pool time.
* best of all.... being together as a FAMILY!
No comments:
Post a Comment