Monday, December 12, 2011

getting the Christmas Tree...

Once again we made the trek to get our Christmas Tree! We headed up Strawberry Canyon, snowshoed in for a bit, started getting frozen cheeks, so hurry and cut down TWO. One for upstairs and one for downstairs and headed home. Rylie snowshoed and Bode rode in a sleigh, its quite the adventure.

Self portrait while Mike was searching for the perfect tree. We always think they are perfect when lit up and decorated. My snow angel, she takes after her mom and loves the snows! The boys not so much.


The basement tree is the believe tree and whatever else the kids have made over the years. Bode new pose for smiling.

I am one to get my trees right up, because I love them all lit up and decorated. I love the smell of pine trees. When I tried the lights for the upstairs tree, I was in trouble... 5 out of my 8 strands were out. I shopped for days, literally, and hit every store in Logan and they were all out of white lights on a green strand. I finally found so garland lights in SLC that did the trick this year. How is they all go out at the same time, they were fine last year. But the trees up now and I will post pics later.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

Fun and crazy! I'm impressed you take your kids to do that. Your trees are always so pretty!

Jeff said...

Looks like a great time! Have a very Merry Christmas and I'll see you then.