My little Monkey has climbed so many things he should not have, he gets lots of bumps and bruises, but this time it was a little too much for mom to take and we took him to the ER. We were up visiting Bode's great grandparents who live in this log home. The railing for the loft and stair well is two logs. Bode started down the stairs on his belly and slid right under the railing and dropped about 8 feet or so to the carpet below. It happened so fast! He cried pretty hard and took a bit to calm him down, well quite a bit. We just really weren't sure if he was okay or not. We took him into the ER and he may have a small fracture on his hand behind his pointer finger, but there is not much they do for a child his age. So we just have to watch and make sure it still doesn't hurt him in about a week. I can't tell you how scary it was. I was so glad Mike was with me, my parents were able to meet us and grab Rylie, and that he is okay. The poor little guy is pretty shaken up and a bit sore, but will be okay. His great Grandma Kay had just painted Rylie's fingernails and Bode wanted his painted too. It just so happens that was the hand that had to be x-rayed.... too cute.
5 comments:
Poor guy! I'm glad he's okay. I am always worried about the boys falling off of things. Luckily they haven't started climbing too much lately but I'm sure that won't be for long. We should definitely meet up at a park once the weather decides to stay nice for a few days in a row.
Scary! I'm glad he's ok!
Oh My. Im glad he is ok.
how scary. it seems kids are pretty resilient. Glad there were no stitches or casts. :)
Oh buddy! That little kid is so dang cute! I'm so glad that he's okay! when Cole told me what happened, I was sick! So, I'm glad that he is alright!
Post a Comment