Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Check this out....

I have to show off my first sewing project. I saw a quilt like this on line and thought I could do that for Rylie's new room. And here is the finished project. It took me hours to sew all the squares. But I left the project on my kitchen table, so I had to work on it whenever my little ones would let me. My favorite part was buying the material and cutting it out. I love all the different colors and material in it. Just want to brag for a minute.... The squares are fraying to give it that shabby/ shaggy look.

On her bed, in her room. Her colors are cream, white and raspberry.

Mike's aunt Sallie machine quilted the whole thing and did a beautiful job. And Mike's mom did the binding for me. She saved me tons on hours on the quilt that I don't have.

8 comments:

Jill said...

adorable! I also love her bed, room too! love it. you are too crafty for me. I've never been good at sewing. Maybe I'll just bring you my projects and then I could buy you lunch at firehouse :)

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

OH MY HECK! I can't believe that is one of your first sewing projects! You are amazing. It is SOOOO beautiful, and Rylie's room is so dang cute! Way to go!

Cindy said...

That turned out so good! Way to go!

Payne Family said...

What!! That is amazing. I love the colors. What a lucky little girl.

Michelle said...

I love it!!! You did a great job!!!

The Kropf Family said...

You did a great job. I need to come see her room. It looks dang cute!

Jeannie said...

WAT TO GO TARA... that is amazing for your first sewing project.

Erica said...

I'm glad someone got that gene from mom, because I sure didn't. It looks awesome.